Mesa Union School District has served the children and families in this area since 1939, when Del Norte School District and Center School District merged to form one district. The original school consisted of three buildings and the custodian’s home. Three teachers taught 68 students. As the number of students increased, the school facilities grew. In 1951, two new classrooms, a cafeteria, and office were added; two additional rooms were constructed in 1956. Six additional classrooms were added in 1964, followed by six more in 1968. With the advent of class size reduction, four new classrooms were added in 1997 and 1998. The Mesa Union School Board of Trustees and Superintendent would like to thank the community for passing Measure O which will allow the district to serve the students of Mesa Union for years to come.
The passing of Measure O will improve the quality of education through safety and security improvements; replacing and or renovating plumbing and inadequate electrical systems; upgrading outdated classrooms, restrooms and school facilities.
Because the District elected to pursue two bond elections under the provisions of Proposition 39, State law requires the District to establish a Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee appointed by the District's Board of Trustees. The Committee purposes are:
- To actively monitor all projects and expenditures approved by the voters.
- To provide proper oversight and accountability to ensure that Measure O funds are used as they were intended.
- To report to members of the community on the progress of Measure O projects.
Mesa Last Bond Sale and Refunding
The bond measure is subject to strict accountability requirements, including a public expenditure plan, independent annual audits and review of all spending by an Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee. No money can be spent on administrator salaries, and all funds must be used locally to improve Mesa School.